Bulelani Nodada – Chairman
Bulelani Nodada is an entrepreneur born and raised in Umzimkhulu and Mount Frere. He started his entrepreneurial journey managing his father’s shop at the young age of fourteen. This led him to start his own business- a telephone shop- in his second year of study at the University of KZN. Bulelani currently runs Kwanodada Classic Funerals and a tombstone manufacturing business. Bulelani had also an Optometrist business with several branches before deciding to settle for funeral and financial services businesses.
- Bachelor’s in Medical Science- University of KZN.
- Bachelor’s in Optometry (Hons)- University of KZN.
Nocawe Makiwane – Chief executive officer
Nocawe is a businesswoman with extensive experience in financial services. She sharpened her insurance experience after joining her family business the AM Mfolozi Group Holding, a company invested in the funeral parlour industry. She is an executive director at AM Mfolozi Group Holdings. Nocawe worked in the Asset Management industry for 15 years under; Stanlib, Coronation and Gensec. During her time at Stanlib, Nocawe was responsible for managing assets in excess of R2bn on behalf of institutional clients in her capacity as a Portfolio Manager and Analyst. Nocawe is non-executive director for EMIRA Listed Property. She is ex-director of Rural Housing Loan Fund Sentech, Eastern Cape Parks Board, National Housing Finance Corporation, National Electricity Regulator of South Africa, Advantage Asset Management, Strate and Scientia Financial Services.
- MBA- Exeter University
- Executive Leadership Programme – Wharton Business School.
- Economics – Wits Business School.
- Bachelor’s in Social Sciences – University of Cape Town
Vhusi Phiri – Chief operations officer
Vhusi is a seasoned entrepreneur and business enabler with experience in assisting businesses to capture value from their business processes and information systems investments. He is Co-founder and CEO of Diaspora Kapita, an investment holding company with interests in Mining Contracting, Retail Pharmacies, Light Manufacturing -Construction Materials and Financial Services. Vhusi has travelled extensively in Africa assisting clients to optimise their business processes. He has set up successful and thriving businesses including Cerrex Consulting sold to PricewaterhouseCoopers South Africa (PwC) in 2014.
- Fellow Member of Institute of Bankers.
- Master of Philosophy in Development Finance- University of Stellenbosch.
- BBMIT (Hons) Business Management & Information Technology-Catholic University of Zimbabwe.
- Advanced Diploma in Banking (Retailing of Financial Services)- Institute of Bankers.
- Diploma in Banking (Retailing of Financial Services)- Institute of Bankers.
- Programme in Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management- University of South Africa.
- Management Development Programme -Mandel Zimbabwe.
Nonhlanhla Mjoli-Mncube – Director
Ms. Nonhlanhla Mjoli-Mncube holds a BA Degree from Fort Hare University, a Masters Degree in City and Regional Planning from the University of Cape Town; A Fellowship in Urban Studies (SPURS) from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and a Post Graduate Certificate in Engineering Business Management from Warwick University (UK) She also holds Executive leadership qualifications from Harvard University, Wits University and Wharton School of Business (USA), She is a fellow of the African Leadership Initiative and Aspen Global Leadership Institute, USA.
She serves on JSE listed Zeder board. She has previously served on boards of Capitec Bank, WBHO Construction, Cadiz Financial Services, Tongaat Hulett, Lafarge, Pioneer Foods, as well as the board chairperson of Etion Limited. Her role in boards has been mostly chairing Risks Committees, Safety, and Health Committees, as well as Social and Ethics committees. She has experience as REMCO member, Audit Committee member as well as Nominations Committees. She has also been chairperson of non-profit companies like Open Society Foundation, Akani Investment Holdings, and WBHO Broad-Based Trust. She also sits on the board of Digital Frontiers, an organization that offers courses online on financial inclusion, as well as Communicare, a housing rental company that focusses on affordable accommodation.
She is the recipient of several local and global awards based on her work on business, leadership, technology, innovation, empowerment of women and youth. She is a global motivational speaker and an activist for entrepreneurship and economic development. Her recent award is the Africa Economic builder of the year award. She is a mentor to many young aspiring businesswomen in South Africa.
Fundiswa Zote – Marketing Director
Fundiswa has extensive experience in marketing and high-profile funeral services. She currently runs Pages Funeral Services, a second-generation business in Eastern Cape.
- Travel and Tourism Diploma- Damelin College.
- Office Computing Diploma – Damelin College.
Gift Chawasarira- Chief Financial Officer
Gift has experience in health administration, short and long-term insurance, Developmental Finance, and Collective investment management. He sits on the board of Diaspora Kapita as well as a trustee of the Afrocentric Health Limited Union Provident Fund.
- Master of Business Leadership – University of South Africa
- BCom Acc (Hons) – Randse Afrikaanse Universiteit
- Certificate in the Theory of Accounting – Randse Afrikaanse Universiteit
- Advanced Certificate in Auditing (Accounting Professional Training (PTY) LTD )